Sunday 15 March 2015

Lanvin at Palais Galleria



Yesterday I went back to the Palais Galleria, this time to see the much talked about Jeanne Lanvin exhibition that's there.

Lanvin started her fashion house in 1908 with childrens wear and based on this success started with women'swear. In the 1920s the colour blue became the trademark colour for the house.
 






 I preferred this one to the other exhibition as it was focused on just one designer

The collection features over one hundred items from lanvins history, and the pieces are from palais gallieras collections as well Lanvin own 

                        
I've always loved anything 1920s so it was a pleasure seeing lanvins dresses from that period and it was interesting to see original sketches of the dresses

As I mentioned in my pervious post about the Musuem you're not allowed to take any pictures but I managed to take some. The retrospective runs from March 8th to August 23rd 2015

http://www.palaisgalliera.paris.fr/en/exhibitions/jeanne-lanvin


No comments:

Post a Comment